"Lemons and cowards": Online reaction to the Varsitarian editorial
Here are online reactions to the editorial "RH bill, Ateneo, and La Salle: Of lemons and cowards," published by The Varsitarian, the official student publication of the University of Santo Tomas
- — Professional Heckler (@HecklerForever)Sun, Oct 07 2012 18:01:31To those asking, here's Varsitarian's editorial on RH Bill: "RH bill, Ateneo, and La Salle: Of lemons and cowards" http://bit.ly/ThRlHR
- Many criticized the editorial, saying it was out of line.
- — Nem (@ohitsnem)Sun, Oct 07 2012 19:35:38And this is why religion should not be brought up in matters of the state. This is appalling. http://varsitarian.net/editorial_opinion/editorial/20120930/rh_bill_ateneo_and_la_salle_of_lemons_and_cowards …et/editorial_opinion/editorial/20120930/rh_bill_ateneo_and_la_salle_of_lemons_and_cowards
- — Maden Guzman (@madenguzman)Sun, Oct 07 2012 19:32:45Medyo na shock ako sa article sa varsitarian regarding their stand on RH Bill. Disappointed w/ the words used describing Ateneo and La Salle
- — Dane Frias (@Dane_Frias)Sun, Oct 07 2012 19:36:13Whoever wrote this, please indicate your name. The way I see it, you have crossed the line. http://varsitarian.net/editorial_opinion/editorial/20120930/rh_bill_ateneo_and_la_salle_of_lemons_and_cowards …et/editorial_opinion/editorial/20120930/rh_bill_ateneo_and_la_salle_of_lemons_and_cowards
- — Rochelle Amistoso (@cieloamistoso)Sun, Oct 07 2012 19:20:44Read the controversial #Varsitarian article. Must say it is too personal and irresponsible. Tss. And they wonder y people go against them.
- Some opined the editorial was a good piece...
- — Ruth Carlos (@jruthcarlos)Sun, Oct 07 2012 19:18:45Hats off to the #Varsitarian, brilliant piece. however, it will not change my stand. :) on the #RHBill http://varsitarian.net/editorial_opinion/editorial/20120930/rh_bill_ateneo_and_la_salle_of_lemons_and_cowards …et/editorial_opinion/editorial/20120930/rh_bill_ateneo_and_la_salle_of_lemons_and_cowards
- ...but more said it was a badly-written article, and has sullied the Varsitarian name.
- — Gooeyboy (@thefrogletking)Sun, Oct 07 2012 19:21:29Bakit napasukan ng amateurist writers ang VARSITARIAN? Nakakahiya. You don't flaunt superiority of it's obvious, only the lack of it. Tsktsk
- — Janelle Dilao (@nelledilao)Sun, Oct 07 2012 19:31:22Students mismo ng UST hindi rin natuwa sa editorial ng Varsitarian so ibig sabihin hindi nila stand yun. Then whose stand is it? Yung admin?
- — Miles Nera (@MilesNera)Sun, Oct 07 2012 19:27:33The Varsitarian has forever stained its name. Tsk tsk tsk... http://www.varsitarian.net/editorial_opinion/editorial/20120930/rh_bill_ateneo_and_la_salle_of_lemons_and_cowards …an.net/editorial_opinion/editorial/20120930/rh_bill_ateneo_and_la_salle_of_lemons_and_cowards
- Many Thomasians also reacted to the editorial, many saying it does not represent the entire UST community.
- — Carina delos Santos (@CrazyBeauti_Ful)Sun, Oct 07 2012 19:20:24NOW, every Thomasian is compelled to tweet that that editorial does not represent the whole UST community in its RH Bill stand.#Varsitarian
- I don't appreciate this person making USTs community look like a mob with its people having no individuality. Having different views on matters, or having a change of heart is never a reason to disrespect others (Ateneo, La Salle and UST - Not everyone agrees on YOUR opinion). I am a UST alumni but sad to say, I can't be proud of everything that is written here. It is the RIGHT of UST students to see what they're being made to appear.
- — Wella Bernasor (@wellalou)Sun, Oct 07 2012 19:20:04Wag nyo lahatin ang mga Thomasians. Di dahil nasa Varsitarian eh yun na ang take ng buong Thomasian Community. Kami man nahihiya sa nangyari
- I have a lot of respect for Thomasians especially since I myself came from AB community, who, I believe, have a very firm grasp on what good journalism is. But come on, I don't remember trash talking other universities to be part of our comm 101 and 102 lectures. 3
- — Dionne Larin (@dyonimarga)Sun, Oct 07 2012 19:18:53As a Thomasian, I'm so embarrassed by the idiocy of the published article at the Varsitarian. Apologies are in order. http://shar.es/5Z494
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!