R.I.'s gay marriage debate 2013
Rhode Island legislators, in their 2013 session, are once again debating bills on whether the state should allow same-sex marriage.
- A selection of tweets, related links and photos from testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee, Thursday, March 21, on bills for and against same-sex marriage.
- — katherine gregg (@kathyprojo)Thu, Mar 21 2013 15:46:41Wendy Becker: just this evening called abomination, a sinner/ What is true, I am mother of 2 adopted kids,college prof,partner of 25 yrs
- Gregg, FYI, is The Providence Journal's longtime State House bureau chief.
- — katherine gregg (@kathyprojo)Thu, Mar 21 2013 15:29:54
- — katherine gregg (@kathyprojo)Thu, Mar 21 2013 15:34:20Sen Metts: Battle between God and Satan/ There's anothr side of eternity after death. That's what people need to be concerned about. #ssm
- For those who don't know, Raimondo is RI's general treasurer.
- — Maryellen Butke (@Mebutke)Thu, Mar 21 2013 15:39:11
- — RI United (@RIUnited)Thu, Mar 21 2013 15:25:08Sen. Hodgson tells opponent: No matter what this Senate does, it won't change what marriage means to you. We wont come into your home. #RI4M
- — katherine gregg (@kathyprojo)Thu, Mar 21 2013 15:05:39Chris Young: The bills violate my freedom of religion/ I will seek an injunction against this legislation if it passes. #ssm
- — Anna Maria Hoffman (@AM_Hoffman)Thu, Mar 21 2013 14:53:18Have you noticed that #SSM is now "marriage equality" all of a sudden? See, they're using just rhetoric to fool you.
- — katherine gregg (@kathyprojo)Thu, Mar 21 2013 14:49:29Katzman/Reformed Jewish Congregation: Jews believe in sanctity of marriage&research shows 81% American Jews support marriage equality. #ssm
- — Anna Maria Hoffman (@AM_Hoffman)Thu, Mar 21 2013 14:48:46Do not stop fighting to protect marriage, and do not cave in. #SSM advocates are renowned for using force to shut you up. Be strong.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.