Coffee Time @ The Brothers K
For my mobile reporting assignment, I decided to live blog my riveting journey to be first in line on a Monday morning at the Brother’s K Coffeehouse in Evanston, a place I visit with my dad almost every morning before school. Join in on the (caffeinated) action!!
- Must admit...was not too excited to wake up at the crack of dawn.
- Here's a video I made of myself driving to the Brother's K. All I can say is...THANK GOD I avoided a crash! Filming and driving--I would not recommend it. I decided to film the drive so I could try out Flixlab, a mobile app I downloaded for this assignment. Turns out it is really cool--unlike most mobile video apps, it actually allows you to edit very quickly on your phone (add video, pictures, music, etc.) and post right to YouTube. I would definitely recommend this tool for any reporter who needs to get information out quickly.
- Once I got to the Brother's K, I checked in using FourSquare a posted a picture to my FourSquare profile.
Why bother looking at the menu? I always get the same thing: decaf black coffee or a decaf latte–but only if I am feeling very rich.
- This is what the coffee bar looks like prior to the morning rush–an hour from now, it won’t be so organized.
- My lovely latte! I think the barista attempted to make a heart for me in the coffee–oh well, it’s the thought that counts!
- Sadly I was not the first person in line this morning…
- While finishing my drink, I noticed this sign–an advertisement for a krafting night (yes, with a “k”) at the coffeehouse. My two favorite things–crafts and coffee! I’ll definitely be there.
- As a side note, the Brothers K coffeehouse has a really great website that transfers easily to a mobile device. Here’s a screenshot:
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.