Stand with PP
Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation gives in to anti-choice pressure, announces it will stop funding breast cancer prevention, screenings and education at Planned Parenthood health centers.
- — Planned Parenthood (@PPact)Tue, Jan 31 2012 12:52:37ALERT: Susan G. Komen caves under anti-choice pressure, ends funding for breast cancer screenings at PP health centers http://bit.ly/AloRdK
- — Maddow Blog (@MaddowBlog)Tue, Jan 31 2012 13:55:46
- — Rep. Mike Honda (@RepMikeHonda)Tue, Jan 31 2012 14:54:08
- — Senator Patty Murray (@PattyMurray)Tue, Jan 31 2012 14:54:08Extremely disappointed politics is coming b/w women & their health care needs. @komenforthecure decision is misguided & damaging. -PM
- — Jackie Speier (@RepSpeier)Tue, Jan 31 2012 14:54:08
- — Planned Parenthood (@PPact)Tue, Jan 31 2012 13:47:35In 5 years, support from Susan G. Komen allowed PP health centers to provide nearly 170,000 breast exams & 6,400 mammogram referrals.
- — Pam Spaulding (@pamspaulding)Tue, Jan 31 2012 19:38:29
- — Rachel Pandich (@RachelPandich)Tue, Jan 31 2012 14:54:08When I was a poor, under employed, college student @PPact WAS my doctor. Health screenings, birth control, GYN. Its affordable health care.
- — IPPF/WHR (@IPPF_WHR)Tue, Jan 31 2012 14:54:08Does cancer care if you're pro-choice? Susan G. Komen for the Cure denies support for poor women to access health care http://ow.ly/8NeRo
- — Sarah Kliff (@sarahkliff)Tue, Jan 31 2012 14:10:09Relevant: Komen Policy VP Karen Handel ran for public office on a platform of defunding Planned Parenthood ( http://bit.ly/zQpnw2 )
- — Jennifer Gunter (@DrJenGunter)Tue, Jan 31 2012 17:21:05Dear Komen foundation, instead of running in Race for Cure I will donate registration $ to Planned Parenthood cc @PPact
- — ThinkProgress (@thinkprogress)Tue, Jan 31 2012 14:53:01
- — BlueRootsRadio (@BlueRootsRadio)Tue, Jan 31 2012 14:54:08With their pull of support from Planned Parenthood, Komen proves yet again they are more about Komen than preventing breast cancer. #Komen
- — Dogs Ride *Inside* (@TheRiverWanders)Tue, Jan 31 2012 14:54:08
- — rob delaney (@robdelaney)Tue, Jan 31 2012 15:50:30Question for Susan Komen Foundation: My wife got birth control pills at Planned Parenthood. Should I burn her "Walk for the Cure" shirts?
- — Amanda Marcotte (@AmandaMarcotte)Tue, Jan 31 2012 14:54:08You can tweet @komenforthecure to let them know that you can't be for women's health w/out supporting all of women's health care.
- — Tom Hilton (@TVHilton)Tue, Jan 31 2012 14:54:08Kind of self-defeating for an org that depends on people who care about women's health to shit on people who care about women's health.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.