Jet crash in Virginia Beach
The web reacts to the jet crash that occurred in Virginia Beach.
- The Pilot's David Schleck discusses the jet crash on MSNBC earlier today.
- — Virginia Beach (@CityofVaBeach)Fri, Apr 06 2012 13:22:07If you come across any jet debris, do not touch it. Tampering with it is a federal offense. Call (757) 385-3111 to report it.
- — Pilot Photoland (@PilotPhotoland)Fri, Apr 06 2012 13:15:42"It was like a war scene." Video by @Vedremmo and story by @laurenking http://hamptonroads.com/2012/04/coast-guardsman-describes-rescuing-crashed-pilot …com/2012/04/coast-guardsman-describes-rescuing-crashed-pilot
- — The Virginian-Pilot (@PilotNews)Fri, Apr 06 2012 13:08:31From @Mike_Hixenbaugh Nearby resident Harvey Campbell: The apartment complex that was hit is age restricted -- 55 and older.
- — The Virginian-Pilot (@PilotNews)Fri, Apr 06 2012 12:57:45Beach Fire Chief says 7 injured. 3 refused treatment at the scene. Fire fighters have been through 2 buildings, 3 more to go. No fatalities.
- — Mike Hixenbaugh (@Mike_Hixenbaugh)Fri, Apr 06 2012 12:52:51Woman at scene: The pilot hit the roof of my condo and landed on my patio. ... I wiped blood from his face." #VaBeach
- — The Virginian-Pilot (@PilotNews)Fri, Apr 06 2012 12:51:00Deadliest area Navy crash occurred in June 1992 when a H-53 helicopter went down minutes after taking off, killing seven Navy reservists.
- — Pilot Photoland (@PilotPhotoland)Fri, Apr 06 2012 12:41:56New aerial images of #jetcrash site: http://hamptonroads.com/2012/04/photos-navy-jet-crashes-virginia-beach …com/2012/04/photos-navy-jet-crashes-virginia-beach
- — Mike Hixenbaugh (@Mike_Hixenbaugh)Fri, Apr 06 2012 12:27:37Mayor Sessoms at scene: "So far there have been no fatalities. I don't expect that to be the case by the end." #VaBeach
There have been more than 25 crashes involving Navy aircraft on or near the base over the past four decades. The deadliest occurred in June 1992 when a Sikorsky H-53 helicopter went down minutes after taking off, killing seven Navy reservists.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 6 already did!