#AskACurator Day at the Philadelphia Museum of Art
Ever wanted to ask a curator a question? Tune in to hashtag #AskACurator and follow @philamuseum to have your questions answered by our top curators. Here's our schedule for curators tweeting from @philamuseum and answering your #AskACurator questions on September 16, 2015:
- 9:30 - 10:00 a.m. Kristina Haugland, The Le Vine Associate Curator of Costume and Textiles, will answer questions about fashion, costumes, and textiles in the Museum collection which includes treasures like Grace Kelly's wedding dress. Don't forget to grill her on her expertise - historical underwear.
- 10:00 - 11:00 a.m: Colin Fanning, Curatorial Fellow, European Decorative Arts and Sculpture, will answer questions about all things design - past and present. He'll also answer questions about the upcoming exhibition Work on What You Love: Bruce Mau Rethinking Design
- 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.: Christopher Atkins, The Agnes and Jack Mulroney Associate Curator of European Painting and Sculpture before 1900, will answer questions about Renaissance and Baroque art. He'll also answer questions related to his new exhibition Wrath of the Gods: Masterpieces by Rubens, Michelangelo, and Titian .
- 12:00 - 2:00 p.m.: Carlos Basualdo, The Keith L. and Katherine Sachs Senior Curator of Contemporary Art, Erica Battle, The John Alchin and Hal Marryatt Associate Curator of Contemporary Art, and Amanda Sroka, Assistant Curator of Contemporary Art will answer questions about all things contemporary at the Museum and beyond.
- 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.: Dirk Breiding, The J.J. Medveckis Associate Curator of Arms and Armor, and author of the compelling Twitter feed @PMA_UpInArms, will answer questions about one of the most popular collections at the Museum - Arms and Armor.
- 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.: Ainsley Cameron, The Ira Brind and StaceySpector Assistant Curator of South Asian Art, will answer questions about all aspects of South Asian Art. She’ll also answer questions about her upcoming exhibition Drawn from Courtly India: The Conley Harris and Howard TrueloveCollection.
- 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.: Peter Barberie, The Brodsky Curator of Photographs, and Nathaniel Stein, The Horace W. Goldsmith Curatorial Fellow in Photography have expert knowledge of photography in Philadelphia and beyond. Ask them your most pressing questions.