Steve Jobs Resigns As Apple CEO
Steve Jobs announced his resignation as Apple CEO and Tim Cook's promotion from COO this afternoon. Below, we've compiled reactions from around the digital media microcosm.
- — joshuatopolsky (@joshuatopolsky)Wed, Aug 24 2011 15:49:30Steve Jobs resigns as Apple CEO. Holy crap. http://thisismynext.com/2011/08/24/steve-jobs-resigns-apple-ceo/ …
- — erichippeau (@erichippeau)Wed, Aug 24 2011 15:52:59Wishing Steve Jobs all the best tcrn.ch/nN2HN3 In the 90s I published MacUser and MacWeek. Jobs was huge part of my life early on.
- — tomcoates (@tomcoates)Wed, Aug 24 2011 15:56:54Let's be clear. Steve Jobs remains at Apple as Chairman and Tim Cook is now CEO. This is essentially what had been happening anyway...
- — parislemon (@parislemon)Wed, Aug 24 2011 16:11:27Some other thoughts on Tim Cook as CEO from July. Still humorous that some people really thought he wouldn't be next CEO http://parislemon.com/post/7947976261/there-is-a-better-chance-of-apple-choosing-its …
- — stevenagata (@stevenagata)Wed, Aug 24 2011 16:20:24Judging from the traffic in my timeline I estimate Steve Job's resignation to be about an least an M7.5 Shindo 6. Tsunami warning issued
- — HelenWalters (@HelenWalters)Wed, Aug 24 2011 16:28:17Steve Jobs once emailed me to quibble with one line in a BusinessWeek slideshow about Apple design. Can't say that happened with other CEOs
- — donmcallister (@donmcallister)Wed, Aug 24 2011 16:35:42Jeez people, he's only resigned. Apple is in top form & in safe hands with Tim Cook & the team. It's not the end of the world just an era.
- — parislemon (@parislemon)Wed, Aug 24 2011 16:35:16Next questions: are Forstall or Ive elevated in an attempt to help Cook with "vision"? or will Apple just run differently? who becomes COO?
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.