- CEOs can be cryptic, but this was ridiculous.
- Was it an attempt at geolocation, LinkedIn product manager Florina Grosskurth wondered.
- LinkedIn comms chief Shannon Stubo and director Hani Durzy attempted pop-culture spin.
- LinkedIn data scientist Peter Skomoroch cited Internet pundit Tim O'Reilly and declared Weiner's one-word tweet a meme.
- Viral marketer Shmuly Tennenhaus suggested a new LinkedIn anti-feature.
- And then there's this crazy thread between a LinkedIn engineer and former LinkedIn executives Adam Nash and Nate Johnson. (Nash is an executive in residence at Greylock Partners; Johnson's now at Path.)
- Most image-conscious executives would have deleted the errant tweet. Weiner kept it—and demonstrated the kind of self-awareness and sense of humor that keeps his troops so loyal.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!