When Cars Become Weapons: Settlers Deliberately Wound & Even Kill by Hit & Run Attacks
Radical settlers in the west bank of Palestine, wound and even kill Palestinians with their cars. The latest victim, a 13 year old girl in a wheelchair...
- On April 22, 2011 some advertisement was launched in Israel, meant to show the “power and durability” of the Japanese Subaru car, caused outrage after showing a Subaru driven by a Jewish settler striking two Palestinian children in occupied East Jerusalem.
- The Palestinian Government Media center called on Subaru with a statement and request as displayed below, but did not receive an answer from Subaru:
PGMC calls on Subaru to take action against disgraceful image
The Palestinian Government Media Center called on Subaru Israel to take action against an advertisement which uses a picture of Palestinian children being hit by a car in an incident which attracted wide condemnation in October 2010, involving a prominent settler who deliberately ran them down. It is not clear whether this is a genuine advertisement or whether someone is making use of the Subaru logo. The PGMC has asked the company to take action to prevent any further display of this image under its name.
The PGMC wrote to Subaru: “It has come to our attention that someone made a horrible use of a picture showing an Israeli settler running over two Palestinian children in East Jerusalem. The picture was used as a commercial ad to promote Subaru cars, it included Subaru logo and a slogan saying: “Let see who can stand in front of us”.
“We urge you to take all necessary steps to stop the circulation of this despicable and disgraceful ad and condemn it.”
- Aside from the appalling fact someone sits making an advertisement - unregarded if it was a genuine advertisement or not - it has been made and published in Israeli media which may show the sickening attitude of some people and disrespect of human lives.
It get's worse.
Aside from the facts that hit and run attacks seldom are punished by Israeli aithorities, the photo as depicted above was not only (ab)used in an advertisement, it even won an award:
- After occupiedpalestine weblog reblogged the article about the advertisement, some supporters of zionism even ridiculized the attack and justified it as well.
This while during some of hit and run attacks people lost their lives. It is attempted murder and attacks on lives of people are not justified by no reasons at all. It stays attempted murder especially when you look into the cases.
So we ask your attention for these attacks by settlers, which regarding the frequency are merely a modus operandi of radical man-slaughters which will be from now on updated below in this story so you can judge and decide yourself about these crimes not covered by your media.
- Nov 20 ,2013
- Oct 22, 2013
- Oct 17, 2013
- Oct 16, 2013
- Oct 12, 2013
- September 2013
- July 2013
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 5 already did!
- UsedCarsForSaleWhat does Subaru have to do with this - leave them out of it.2013-08-21T13:10:09.688Z
- Abraham Vintherthat is just sad2013-06-06T16:52:19.437Z
- eEssano one lies as much as you Zionists , you kill kids and cry why arab hates us , and you oppress people and say you are oppressed. and your Zionist media in US...no one lies as much as you Zionists , you kill kids and cry why arab hates us , and you oppress people and say you are oppressed. and your Zionist media in US and EU helps you get away with ur crimes and ignore palastinian oppression stories . god damn you kids killersmore2013-05-23T23:35:40.242Z
- Daniel CallenLying seems to be so ingrained in arab culture one sometimes wonders whether they even know they are lying any more2013-01-11T16:48:54.919Z
- Daniel CallenTrouble is that arabs tell too many porky pies so when they complain about Jews doing stuff to them people inevitably wonder what was really going on.2013-01-11T16:47:58.247Z