Northwestern vs. Eastern Illinois
A social media recap of Northwestern's 42-21 win over Eastern Illinois on Sept. 10, 2011, at Ryan Field in Evanston, Ill.
Welcome to our social media recap of Northwestern's 2011 home opener against Eastern Illinois! Today's game features several tributes to our armed forces, first responders, firefighters and policeman as we approach the 10th anniversary of Sept. 11, 2001. A special guest, the Rescue 4 engine that was at Ground Zero that day, also is present at Ryan Field.
- I have no idea what prompted the next tweet, but Northwestern wholeheartedly endorses its sentiment. Game time!
- — steph_wang (@steph_wang)Sat, Sep 10 2011 12:30:14
- Northwestern wins the toss and deferred to the second half. Eastern Illinois receives the opening kickoff and several plays later Bryce McNaul makes an interception!
- — NU_SportsLIVE (@NU_SportsLIVE)Sat, Sep 10 2011 12:42:23
- — TeddyGreenstein (@TeddyGreenstein)Sat, Sep 10 2011 12:46:21Colter nearly perfect on TD drive. Adonis TD called back by Burkett false start. Tyris Jones drops TD pass. Cats 7, EIU 0
- EIU takes the ensuing kickoff and drives down into Northwestern territory inside the 30-yard-line.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.