Mourning Nelson Mandela
Social media have exploded with remembrances of Nelson Mandela's life and legacy. A few selections from our staff and our audience.
- — melissa block (@NPRmelissablock)Thu, Dec 05 2013 13:57:19"It is an idea for which I hope to live for and to see realized but my Lord, if it needs be, it is an idea for which I am prepared to die."
- — Farai Chideya (@farai)Thu, Dec 05 2013 14:14:18I remember going to NYC tickertape parade for Nelson Mandela, and later to his house. Wisdom embodied. RIP Madiba. http://wapo.st/1d2gCfp
- — Carrie Johnson (@johnson_carrie)Thu, Dec 05 2013 13:58:10Anyone who has peered into that cell on Robben Island where #Mandela lived for decades understands how strong, important & magical he was.
- — Geoffrey York (@geoffreyyork)Thu, Dec 05 2013 16:11:19my own greatest memory of Mandela: watching him struggle into a voting station in 2009, frail but determined, to cast his final vote
- — Gabriel Stricker (@gabrielstricker)Thu, Dec 05 2013 14:36:29Some men start movements. Others become movements. And a few transcend them. Mandela did all, with superhuman grace. #RIPMadiba
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!