A storify: US policy and drone strikes in #Yemen
The following are a collection of tweets gathered from the #DroneSummit regarding drone strikes and US policy in Yemen. Update: Jeremy Scahill at the Drone Summit [VIDEO] (scroll and read till the end)
- — Zeke Johnson (@ZekeJohnsonAi)Sat, Apr 28 2012 10:56:40
- — Kevin Gosztola (@kgosztola)Sat, Apr 28 2012 07:33:14"We are dropping explosives, remote-controlled, where we've admitted we don't have intelligence." -Caprico on Yemen #DroneSummit
- — kade ellis (@kade_ellis)Sat, Apr 28 2012 17:01:17This has been going on in Pakistan for many years now, and it's now expanding into Yemen. Cruise missiles from Navy ships, too. #DroneSummit
- — Teddy Wilson (@txindiejourno)Sat, Apr 28 2012 19:00:45
- — John Amick (@amickjohn)Sat, Apr 28 2012 17:20:57
- — kade ellis (@kade_ellis)Sat, Apr 28 2012 10:42:11In Yemen or Pakistan, there's no system for compensation because there are no "boots on the ground" there as in Afghanistan. #DroneSummit
- — U.S. Dept. of Fear (@FearDept)Sat, Apr 28 2012 21:49:49
- On Anwar al-Awlaki's assasination
- — kade ellis (@kade_ellis)Sat, Apr 28 2012 16:54:31When he was in Yemen, asking ?s of Yemeni officials about the death of Anwar Awalki, Yemenis asked him why he only cared about Americans.
- — kade ellis (@kade_ellis)Sat, Apr 28 2012 17:04:43The FBI said that their son was involved in first amendment protected speech. Next thing his mom heard was that he was dead. #DroneSummit
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.