#TwitterFightClub Previewing the West
Day 4 we head west to the upper right region of the bracket. As always, click on my profile for previous previews and visit http://twitterfightclub.gunpowderandlead.org/ for details.
- @chrisalbon's incredible bracket for those who need one last look.
- EDGE: @SlaughterAM. When I was a little boy, I wanted to grow up to be George Kennan. @SlaughterAm lived my dream. For a former public official and an academic, @SlaughterAM is extremely friendly and engaging on Twitter. If @SlaughterAm is reading this, I could be single if you know what I mean (wink, wink, dm, dm, say no more, say no more). @zoonpolitikon - congrats on making the dance. See you next year.
- BREAKING: @zoonpolitikon has updated his twitter avatar. Will Spock holding a cat sway the judges or the public? This fight may have just gotten a lot closer.
- EDGE: @texasinafrica. Another Africa battle. Another US of A versus Canada fight. When in doubt, Texas beats Canada. That is as obvious as the rules to Rock, Paper, Bazooka.
- This verdict brought to you by the Tim Riggins vehicle/summer blockbuster known as Battleship. "Here is to God. #TFC. And 10 years from now, good friends living large on Twitter. Texas Forever! Twitter Forever! You everybody, listen up. Let's do it. Let's touch god boys, let's touch god."
- "Let's touch god boys. Let's touch god." Wait, what? Was early Riggins an early Tebow? How did I not know this.
- BREAKING NEWS: @EliLake will be participating this year.
- UPSET ALERT: @laurenist. Breaking news be damned. I started following @EliLake when he was at The Washington Times and will vouch for him being one of the finest journalists on this beat. He demonstrates a grasp of Twitter poorly imitated by many of his peers. Why Miss Jenkins? Among registered voters (#TFC12 demographics are also heavily AARP friendly), she is polling quite well. Lacking the reach of the website formerly known as Newsweek shouldn't inhibit her path to the next round.
- For example:
- Blood on the floor. I'm going with the person who fights like she has nothing to lose.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.