#AirAsia #QZ8501 from Surabaya to Singapore loses contact at 7.24am
Updates from the breaking news regarding the missing plane in the few hours following first reports of disappearance. I've been updating on my social network sites but trying to put them together here. This Storify is now closed as breaking news slows down and SAR operations continue.
- Search and rescue operations have been halted in Indonesia due to loss of light. Operations will resume tomorrow. That's all from me on day one of this unfortunate day. Thank you for reading.
- At the 6.30pm press conference, authorities say that weather in the search area has improved but daylight fading. If it gets too dark, SAR operations will continue in the morning. Astro Awani has a 9-minute video from the press conference (authorities speaking in Bahasa Indonesia).
- AirAsia has just released a correction with regards to the nationality breakdown of those on QZ8501.
- Malaysian media reports that three ships and one plane from Malaysia has been deployed to assist Indonesia in SAR operations, according to Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai. Indonesia leads the operations, with the assistance from Singapore and Malaysia.
- Malaysia's The Star has created an infographic with some details of what we know so far.
- Iriana Jokowi, wife to Indonesian President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) tweeted a photo of her husband speaking in Papua, with regards to the missing plane.