Complexity & Go @ KMLF
Complexity and the game of Go facilitated by Stuart French with go support by Faith French held on Wednesday 30th January 2013.
- The concept of using games to model and practice business strategies has been around for quite a while but is undergoing a resurgence with the rise of popularity in "gamification".The ancient games of Go and Chess have been used as metaphors for the Complex and Complicated domains respectively. Learning the difference is a great way to recognise and explore complex environments for appropriate practice and management.The session aimed to help participants:
1. View complexity theory in a tacit and engaging way
2. Apply this to how you look at business and managing change
3. Discover the game of Go as both a metaphor and a brain training exercise for managing success in complex environments
- Follow Stuart French
- Warming up to have a 'Go'
- The intersection of games and complexity
- Games helping us observe patterns
- Now for some Go
- Some useful resources
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.