Business as usual @KMLF
"The social web at work" presented by Euan Semple on Monday 12 November 2012
There has been a fundamental shift in the way we do business. Driven by online social networking tools such as YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, how we communicate with stakeholders and how we organise ourselves to produce those messages has changed forever.
Euan Semple, author of Organizations Don't Tweet People Do, will examine what these changes mean for people in business, how they represent a new wave of exciting opportunities for 21st century organisations and what lies in store for managers and the role they will play in the future of work.
Key session points:
• The use of the social web is widespread and moving into the workplace
• This is not an excuse to waste time but a chance to improve effectiveness
• The growth of these tools is viral and calls for a different approach to their management
• Social tools offer the prospect of delivering what KM promised.
- Follow Euan Semple
- Getting started
- Has the language of 'knowledge management' caused confusion about what the business wishes to achieve?
- Moving towards active participation
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.