Solidarity Is For White Women
Feminism got crunked today as women of color and their allies talk on Twitter.
- — Rania Khalek (@RaniaKhalek)Mon, Aug 12 2013 12:51:25What does it say that a twitter hashtag is giving more voice to WOC than feminist orgs and media outlets? #SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen
- — Jacqueline DiGenio (@FeministStyle)Mon, Aug 12 2013 12:57:11#SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen bc the lack of female CEOs is SHAMEFUL but the concern for child marriage in India & MidEast is just a SHAME
- — Solè (@TheSolarium)Mon, Aug 12 2013 10:12:45#SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen whn Rihanna is criticized for wearing a traditional carnival outfit bt Lena Dunham is praised for going topless
- — Arrakis of Sarcasm (@yeloson)Mon, Aug 12 2013 12:50:51#SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen is silence on violence done to Black women from slaves for gynecology to Henrietta Lacks to sterilizations...
- — Solè (@TheSolarium)Mon, Aug 12 2013 12:52:20
- — Ayesha A. Siddiqi (@pushinghoops)Mon, Aug 12 2013 12:05:28#SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen who expect my support for slutwalks but won't respect my decision to dress covered
- — San'aa bint Kashmir (@Sanaa_Sultan)Mon, Aug 12 2013 12:49:39#SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen because my melanin coupled with my hijab confesses that my womb will almost certainly harbour terrorists.
- — Zeba Blay (@zblay)Mon, Aug 12 2013 12:30:02#solidarityisforwhitewomen when pink hair, tattoos, and piercings are "quirky" or "alt" on a white woman but "ghetto" on a black one.
- — Antonio Modesto (@Antoniomodesto)Mon, Aug 12 2013 12:48:12#SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen means Amanda bynes can have a meltdown but rihanna is just aggressive
- — Steph Herold (@StephHerold)Mon, Aug 12 2013 10:14:36#SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen = fighting against fetal personhood bills and not saying one word about voter ID laws.
- — Mikki Kendall (@Karnythia)Mon, Aug 12 2013 09:36:51#SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen when WOC are treated as teaching tools & resources, not actual people by Big Name Feminism
- — Angry Black Fangirl (@TheAngryFangirl)Mon, Aug 12 2013 12:50:03#SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen because I'm pretty sure most white feminists don't even know who CeCe McDonald even is.
- — Hella Titsgeraaaahld (@meadowgirl)Mon, Aug 12 2013 12:28:04
- — fearlessknits (@fearlessknits)Mon, Aug 12 2013 13:07:32Reading #solidarityisforwhitewomen as a white woman is uncomfortable but so necessary. Our job here is to listen and learn.
- — Lauren Chief Elk (@ChiefElk)Mon, Aug 12 2013 13:15:50
- — A Feminist Man (@afeministman)Mon, Aug 12 2013 13:05:08I love the #SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen hashtag. Feminism is nothing if it discredits the experiences and discrimination of ANY woman.
- — Rania Khalek (@RaniaKhalek)Mon, Aug 12 2013 10:27:19#SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen when convos about gender pay gap ignore that white women earn higher wages than black, Latino and Native men.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 17 already did!
- Robin C McClaryLet this discource continue2013-08-13T03:09:43.554Z