I-90 eastbound open after massive crash, pile-up
Interstate 90 eastbound in Lake County is reopen, but drivers should proceed with caution
Interstate 90 eastbound in Leroy Township is now open after a crash involving at least a dozen vehicles closed it for several hours earlier today.
- — Electric Bill (@13800vac)Tue, Dec 24 2013 08:39:06@ODOT_Cleveland I am stuck in a traffic jam eastbound i90 past Vrooman road what happened? Emer vehicles having trouble getting through.
The crash occurred about 11:30 a.m. just east of Vrooman Road, according to Lake County Central Dispatch.
The Ohio Department of Transportation had advised motorists to avoid the area if possible and detour via 44 northbound to Route 2 and then to Route 20 eastbound.
- — ODOT Cleveland (@ODOT_Cleveland)Tue, Dec 24 2013 08:56:11Lake Co: I-90 EB is CLOSED east of Vrooman Rd due to an accident. Detour via SR 44 NB to SR2/US20 eastbound. Use alternate routes.
Multiple fire departments, including Hambden, Thompson, Madison, Painesville and Leroy responded to the crash, according to scanner traffic.
- — ODOT Cleveland (@ODOT_Cleveland)Tue, Dec 24 2013 09:57:45Lake Co: I-90 EB remains CLOSED east of Vrooman Rd due to an accident. Detour SR 44 NB to SR 2/US 20. Unknown reopening time.
- — Atheist Worgen (@CriminySTFU)Tue, Dec 24 2013 10:19:39It's snowing again in NEO&you know what that means: another 20 car pile up on I-90 in western Lake Cty. Detour to SR-2/US-20 for points east
- — Matt Skrajner (@MattNewsHerald)Tue, Dec 24 2013 11:02:01*NEW* .@lakeohsheriff Capt. Dondorfer: "several" people taken to hospital after I-90 pile up, but injuries did not appear life threatening
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.