The House Budget Debate
How the House debate over HB1 has progressed so far... New storify coming for the afternoon.
- — johnreynoldsqr (@johnreynoldsqr)Fri, Apr 01 2011 06:27:23House GOP Caucus Chmn Larry Taylor cracks #AprilFools joke @ a.m. presser, says Comptroller Combs called to tell him of $5B add'l revenue
- — johnreynoldsqr (@johnreynoldsqr)Fri, Apr 01 2011 06:30:11
- — KiahCollier (@KiahCollier)Fri, Apr 01 2011 06:45:44
- — johnreynoldsqr (@johnreynoldsqr)Fri, Apr 01 2011 06:56:53Pitts starts on HB 1 a few minutes before 9 a.m. -- some House GOPers are optimistic that vote cld be tkn btw 10 pm & midnight #txlege
- — BenPhilpottKUT (@BenPhilpottKUT)Fri, Apr 01 2011 07:04:58Rep. Pitts promises he will continue to work on education, Medicaid, Texas Grants and nursing homes problems in HB 1.
- Conservative activists Michael Sullivan and David Jennings discuss their discomfort with the idea that the final budget will probably end up spending significantly more than the current proposal.
- — mqsullivan (@mqsullivan)Fri, Apr 01 2011 07:23:52
- Pitts finished laying out the bill and began to take questions from his fellow Republicans on the Appropriations Committee's proposal.
- — mqsullivan (@mqsullivan)Fri, Apr 01 2011 07:07:27State Rep. Phil King says HB1 contains $63million in tax/fee increase riders, contingent on other legislation. Pitts agrees. #txlege
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.