Andy Griffith dies at 86
Andy Griffith, American actor, producer, director and Grammy award winning singer died on Tuesday at 86. Griffith rose to fame in the 1960s with his role on TV as Sheriff Andy Taylor in “The Andy Griffith Show.”
- Griffith as Sheriff Andy Taylor of Mayberry, North Carolina, a widower with a young son on the "Andy Griffith Show."
- TODAY show: Andy Griffith speaks about the "Andy Griffith Show", three decades after the show went on air.
- Reaction on Twitter
- Ron Howard, an American actor, director, played Opie Taylor. Griffith's son on the show
- Take a look at Griffith's life through photos in this slideshow
- Andy Griffith Show: First episode, First Season
- Theme song of the Andy Griffith Show
- Griffith was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President George W. Bush in November, 2005 and made part of the Christian Music Hall of Fame and Museum in 2007.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.