Lost and Found in Moore, Oklahoma
Disaster struck when a tornado tore through Moore, Okla., Monday, May 20, 2013. Although some families lost everything, things are being found among the destruction and rubble, giving residents hope.
- After a tornado ripped through Moore, Okla., on Monday, leaving a trail of devastation in its wake, families frantically began searching for their loved ones.By Wednesday morning, officials had announced that no Moore residents were unaccounted for.
- — Caitlin Hamilton (@CWeezy1028)Mon, May 20 2013 17:24:51For a good 30 minutes today, we all thought my sister was dead in Moore. Until we got a call saying she found cover. Praying for the rest
- — Michael Basler (@bazketball21)Mon, May 20 2013 20:34:48My 5yr old nephew lives in Moore. He's been missing since his day care was destroyedHe has been found a reunited with me sister! #miracle
- — May28Dirty30 (@KCGrealDiamond)Mon, May 20 2013 21:17:16Found my little cousin. Now just need to found his mom. Im be up all night nerves bad. The whole Moore (OKC) is gone. #Sad
- It wasn't just people who went missing. Many animals began crawling out of the rubble.
- Tornado survivors were reunited with their pets.
- — Andy Roth (@andyroth)Tue, May 21 2013 12:15:09I dare you to not shed a single tear after watching this woman find her dog under to tornado rubble in Oklahoma. - http://news.sky.com/story/1093711/tornado-survivor-finds-dog-during-tv-interview …3711/…
- — Oklahoma Co. Sheriff (@OkCountySheriff)Wed, May 22 2013 16:09:24
- — OK Humane (@okhumane)Thu, May 23 2013 14:52:13We have reunited 43 dogs and cats with their families as of right now, including this sweet Sheltie found in a tree! http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2013/05/reunited-sheltie-found-in-tree-after-tornado-is-back-with-her-family/ …5/reunit…
- A number of people have taken to social media to reunite families with mementos they've found among the rubble and miles away, knowing that simply having a photograph returned could mean the world to families who had lost everything.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.