2012 in Review: Perspectives on The Next America
- Part of The Next America's mission is to create ongoing conversations around topics related to racial demographics and how it affects facets of U.S. politics and policy. To foster that conversation, we regularly publish op-ed contributions by various thought leaders, writers, advocates, experts and policymakers.Some topics made a bigger splash than others, but all were key to helping The Next America staff explore topics from education to workforce to immigration to the economy.Below is a collection of some contributions that have made the biggest splash.
- By Guy Garcia, an author and contributor to the Huffington Post.
- By Ruy Texieria, a senior fellow at both the Century Foundation and the Center for American Progress.
- By William H. Frey, demographer and senior fellow with the Metropolitan Policy Program of the Brookings Institution.
- By Alex Nowrasteh, immigration-policy analyst at the Cato Institute's Center for Global Liberty and Prosperity.
- By David G. Arredondo, vice chairman of the Lorain County, Ohio, Republican Party
- By Ali Noorani, executive director of the National Immigration Forum
- By Morley Winograd and Michael D. Hais, coauthors of two books on the Millennial Genergation and fellows at NDN and the New Policy Institute.Their op-ed inspired a rebuttal by Trey Ditto, CEO of Ditto Public Affairs:
- Editor's Note: Compilation was created based a combination of social media impact, number of comments, page views and other internal data metrics.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.