Tweets--Morning After the Election
- Tweets from columnists on each side of the aisle set the tone of Twitter conversations. Dave Weigel, a Slate blogger, and Ann Coulter, a conservative columnist, had this to say:
- Many Americans felt that it was time to move forward, regardless of the election results. Many people encouraged others to pray for anyone in office.
- President Obama and other Democrats tweeted victoriously. The most retweeted picture of the election was of Barack and Michelle Obama hugging.
- Claire McCaskill indicated she was pleased with her election results statewide, especially outside urban areas.
- And of course, there were the jokers.
- One interesting result of the election was that Puerto Rico voted to become a state. Now it will be up to the federal government to decide whether to admit a 51st state to the Union.
- The Twitter-verse was even abuzz with conversations about reelected congresspeople.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.