Museum Nerd Goes Rogue in San Diego
When I got to Museums and the Web 2012, I couldn't resist going off on my own to live-tweet visits to as many San Diego museums as I could.
- (Strict no photo policy at the Timken. I've added links to their website, but the images are rather small. Hey Google Art Project...)
- — Museum Nerd (@museumnerd)Tue, Apr 10 2012 13:47:03
- I found an online image of this Jacques-François Courtin painting which was hilarious to me. I was happy to see that the label at the museum acknowledged that there was humor in the artist's intent.
- — Museum Nerd (@museumnerd)Tue, Apr 10 2012 13:51:54
- I was especially taken with the bright red-oranges on the inside of St. Catherine's sleeve. The online image doesn't do it justice.
- — Museum Nerd (@museumnerd)Tue, Apr 10 2012 13:58:35
- You can't really see this in the online image, but it's about 10 inches in from the lower right hand corner of the painting.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.