The odd decision of David Haye
The boxer David Haye decided to RT a "joke" with the word 'spastics'. He deleted it but RT'd the content in a tweet suggesting people get the phrase "wetter than a 'spastics' chin" trending. There is a documented rise in hate crime and verbal abuse of disabled people. So I created my own.
- — CHANGE (@changepeople_)Thu, Sep 13 2012 02:24:39
- — Matthew Higgins (@MatthewEHiggins)Thu, Sep 13 2012 01:53:28
- — Steve Allman (@steveallman)Thu, Sep 13 2012 01:12:01
- — Dominic Lund-Conlon (@daddydoink)Thu, Sep 13 2012 00:15:45I might not be an athlete but I am a father, husband, lover, hugger, provider, supporter, joker, listener. #strongerthanyourcruelestjoke
- — Gemma R (@candyandpebbles)Wed, Sep 12 2012 14:08:49My sis has Down Syndrome, Sweet Syndrome & born w/3 holes in her heart. She's nearly died several times she is #strongerthanyourcruelestjoke
- — Mama B mum to 3 (@Mama_Brinkley)Wed, Sep 12 2012 14:04:50
- — Kris Halpin (@krishalpin)Wed, Sep 12 2012 14:01:03
- — Sarah Blohm (@bloomer71)Wed, Sep 12 2012 13:46:48
- — Beth Taylor (@bethtaylor21)Wed, Sep 12 2012 14:23:46The ppl that I work with amaze me every day with their courage/determination/positive outlook on life.They are #strongerthanyourcruelestjoke
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 3 already did!
- Suzanne Rochelle Dagnallnicky,i don't think,David's comment was ment in a malice way at all, and if anything Iam responsible for the comment, It's only now i read this post, i get to...nicky,i don't think,David's comment was ment in a malice way at all, and if anything Iam responsible for the comment, It's only now i read this post, i get to get some rest, i got an early start in the morning, but when im able il explain, i had brought his attention to a 13 year old girl, story, if you look on my facebook page I'v posted the footage to my wall, Like I said when I'm able tommorrow, il explain further, What he wrote,was in no way directed as a jibe, if you watch the footage maybe you'l understand , more2012-09-13T23:41:58.915Z
- Richard LamploughFrancis doesn't read or write. He has learning disabilities. He has been employed by Waitrose for the last 12 years. He is #strongerthanyourcruelstjoke2012-09-13T12:08:58.149Z