Super Bowl 2013: 12 ads to watch for
At $4 million for a 30-second spot, advertisers are throwing out all the stops for Sunday's Super Bowl, which is expected to draw more than 111 million viewers. Expect big stars, special effects and plenty of viewer interaction. Here are a dozen of the best commercials to keep an eye out for.
- Samsung Mobile rolls out an all-star cast for it's "Big Pitch" ad in the fourth quarter. Paul Rudd and Seth Rogen star, with "Iron Man" director Jon Favreau behind the camera. Here's a teaser, with a little meta commentary of the vocabulary prohibitions of Super Bowl advertising:
- Audi's first-quarter "Prom" commercial features an ending that was voted on by viewers in an online poll:
- The Kia Sorento takes the special-effects route, with a dad coming up with a space fantasy version of where babies come from:
- Speaking of special effects, Toyota has this cinematic spot starring Kaley Cuoco as a genie granting a family's wishes, to the tune of Skee-Lo's "I Wish":
- Coca-Cola mashes up movie genres in "The Chase." Fans will vote on who they want to win the race, with the winning commercial airing after the game.
- Hyundai assembles the greatest playground football team ever:
- Volkswagen has already courted controversy with this Jamaican-accented spot scheduled for the second quarter:
- Budweiser aims for the tear ducts with a baby horse, Fleetwood Mac and an emotional reunion (it's nothing, I just got a little salsa in my eye):
- Meanwhile, Taco Bell goes for fun-loving (and fun.-loving) old folks:
- 49ers fans will love this Sketchers ad (wait for it . . . ):
- Mercedes-Benz rolls out Willem Dafoe, Usher and Kate Upton in this clever spot, and the early favorite for "Commercial Featuring the Creepiest Fingernails":
- And finally, Cars.com adds a melodramatic spin on the ol' Candid Camera prank. The last line's a great kicker, too:
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 7 already did!
- Ariel BelowWassup to all my fellow Ravens fam and (UD alumni!!!) ! I found chance to win FREE framed Ravens photo from the Super Bowl - $225 value. The photos on there...Wassup to all my fellow Ravens fam and (UD alumni!!!) ! I found chance to win FREE framed Ravens photo from the Super Bowl - $225 value. The photos on there look tight!!! Check it out at www.theRavensPhotos.com Go Ravens!!!more2013-02-02T15:58:06.738Z
- Larry Adsonreally it's a big show to watch2013-02-02T10:10:09.043Z
- Jonathan ThorpThank You Mike for this great entertainment source :) after last SB i've decided to warn football fans about all those streaming scams around. Warning: Where...Thank You Mike for this great entertainment source :) after last SB i've decided to warn football fans about all those streaming scams around. Warning: Where Don’t Watch Super Bowl 2013 http://jonathanthorp.wordpress.com/2013/02/01/warning-where-dont-watch-super-bowl-2013/ Kind Regards.more2013-02-02T00:33:34.971Z