Debate watchers on Twitter who don't know Bob Schieffer, call him old
- As the third and final debate between President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney kicked off in Boca Raton, Fla. Monday night, many people on Twitter were scratching their heads as to the identity of the moderator.
- A few people seemed to confuse Schieffer with the moderator of the first 2012 presidential debate, PBS Newshour's Jim Lehrer.
- Many noted the age of the moderator as part of their confusion.
- — I'm getting there... (@leclerc_swimtt)Mon, Oct 22 2012 18:17:24Am I the only one that finds the moderator of the #debate to be very similar to the 2 old muppets that make fun of everything???
- Bob Schieffer is CBS News' chief Washington correspondent and has hosted the Sunday morning talk show "Face the Nation" since 1991. This is his third time serving as moderator of a presidential debate - he moderated debates between Obama and Sen. John McCain in 2008 and Sen. John Kerry and President George W. Bush in 2004.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.