Scores killed as Egypt declares state of emergency
Egypt's presidency has declared a state of emergency after scores of people were killed when security forces stormed protest camps in Cairo. The camps had been occupied by supporters of former president Mohammed Morsi, who was deposed in early July.
- — Department of State (@StateDept)Wed, Aug 14 2013 12:56:07
- — shaimaa khalil (@Shaimaakhalil)Wed, Aug 14 2013 08:34:31
- — BBC Breaking News (@BBCBreaking)Wed, Aug 14 2013 08:21:36
- — Leila Fadel (@LeilaFadel)Wed, Aug 14 2013 08:09:37As we left the hospital, intense gunfire. We ran through an alleyway to safety. A man dropped in front of us, shot and injured. #Egypt
- — Jim Roberts (@nycjim)Wed, Aug 14 2013 07:49:07
- — Paul Danahar (@pdanahar)Wed, Aug 14 2013 07:13:18So we have state of emergency, the state attacking civilians with impunity & a General in control. #Egypt has now gone back to Jan 24th 2011
- — Gehad El-Haddad (@gelhaddad)Wed, Aug 14 2013 06:20:20
- — Quentin Sommerville (@sommervillebbc)Wed, Aug 14 2013 07:25:37Rt: @pdanahar: What does ElBaradei do now. He was main fig leaf for international acceptance of coup. Will he stay after today's events?
- — Jim Roberts (@nycjim)Wed, Aug 14 2013 06:17:43Sky News Cameraman Mick Deane Killed In Egypt Clashes. http://news.sky.com/story/1128530/sky-news-cameraman-killed-in-egypt …ory/1128530/sky-news-cameraman-killed-in-egypt
- — Mike Giglio (@mike_giglio)Wed, Aug 14 2013 04:01:23French photog Louis Jammes arrested with me. Found @ManiJournalist in detention. Both also beaten after IDing as press. Both fine and out.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.