#RIPTommy: Community Responds to Loss of a Friend
Tommy Schuman, of New Lenox, died suddenly on March 31, 2012. He was 18. Here's a collection of reactions from the community.
- Students mourned the loss of a classmate, friend and teammate last weekend when Lincoln-Way Central senior Tommy Schuman died suddenly at age 18.
- Extreme sadness spread through the community as many students took to Twitter and Facebook after learning of Schuman's death. Some were unable to comprehend what had happened.
- Students planned to come together and wear blue to school on Monday as a show of support for Schuman. District spokeswoman Stacy Holland said "a good number of our students were wearing blue," and many students' tweets reflected that.
- Students continued to share memories, including some on Patch. "I'll never forget growing up together. All the birthday parties, basketball games, everything," one student wrote. Read the full article here:
- Schuman was the captain of Central's golf and baseball teams. Fellow athletes, both from his school and others who were his competition, spoke out. Some Central athletes said their spring season would be dedicated to Schuman.
- You can read Schuman's obituary on Patch or at the Kurtz Memorial Chapel website to sign a guest book or share memories. Rest in peace, Tommy.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.