1 Reason Why
Luke Crane asked, earlier today: "Why are there so few lady game creators?" I've curated some of that twitter discussion here, focusing primarily on the responses women gave to that initial question. (Since finishing this Storify, the hashtag has exploded. Now this is just an origin story.)
- While Luke's question kicked off the conversation, I don't quote many of his responses here. Instead, I tried to primarily track the conversation that emerged from this one question.
The next couple tweets are just evidence of how people got drawn into the conversation.
- Most of these following tweets are grouped by author, instead of chronologically. Where a conversation's back-and-forth seemed important, I clustered that conversation all together. One-off responses float about sporadically (especially those of kleenestar and lastnora.)
Figuring out how to arrange this story & what to include was difficult. Please don't read too much into my choices.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 10 already did!
- First Click Internet MarketingGreat coverage. Thanks for sharing.2013-08-19T08:38:03.301Z
- TomGreenthumbWhy would a woman want to work in the games industry? Unless she's that passionate for it, the hassles she'll have to put up with from grown boys won't be worth...Why would a woman want to work in the games industry? Unless she's that passionate for it, the hassles she'll have to put up with from grown boys won't be worth the energy.more2013-08-13T03:02:23.830Z
- Post-Teen Mcdaldnosure thing, luke. it ended up taking forever (1-2 hours), but I'm glad that there's a record now that the conversation has ballooned.2012-11-27T19:26:17.643Z
- Luke Speerthanks for pulling this together2012-11-27T19:11:23.986Z