Don't like Twitter's new expanded image feature? You're not alone
- — The Missouri Review (@Missouri_Review)Fri, Nov 01 2013 07:50:14We really preferred @twitter without photo previews in our feed. This isn't Facebook and we don't want it to be.
- — Hannah Stewart (@Freerange_Inc)Fri, Nov 01 2013 04:03:01.@twitter is there a setting to opt out of images by default? once my feed is full of inane images with motivational quotes, I'm leaving :(
- — howardlindzon (@howardlindzon)Thu, Oct 31 2013 21:27:47The new twitter stream has forced me to unfollow 100 people/publications. I wanted brains not photos. Advertising and scale suck.
- — Siobhán Corcoran (@SiobhanCorc)Thu, Oct 31 2013 13:38:19Is there any way I can hide these bloody pictures from appearing on my twitter feed? it's getting worse than facebook :-(
- — marc blank-settle (@MarcSettle)Thu, Oct 31 2013 12:36:41Hey @twitter - the place I don't go to, to avoid seeing random people's kids dressed for Halloween, is Facebook. Don't be that guy.
- — Matthew Reinbold (@libel_vox)Thu, Oct 31 2013 12:18:56Between the ads and the rectangle, auto-loading inline images, my twitter feed is starting to resemble my Facebook feed. :(
- — Adam Rifkin (@ifindkarma)Thu, Oct 31 2013 12:31:12I do not like Twitter auto-injecting images into our streams. If I want to use Instagram, I will use Instagram. t.co/GwDTPMMI0g
- — David Johnson (@darthcheeta)Thu, Oct 31 2013 10:17:50
- — David Clinch (@DavidClinchNews)Thu, Oct 31 2013 09:17:42
- — Scott Lewis (@vosdscott)Wed, Oct 30 2013 21:37:51Also I went from not caring about Twitter ads to being distracted & disturbed by this image-heavy feed. Facebook and Twitter are converging.
- — Josh Constine (@JoshConstine)Wed, Oct 30 2013 16:54:43Scan-ability of Twitter's all text/no photo feed made it much more relaxing to browse than FB's mishmash of content types. Sad that's gone
- — Nina L. Diamond (@ninatypewriter)Wed, Oct 30 2013 16:53:20In my feed w/ open pics we can't close, I see pic of KKK guys with a dead wolf, and a gross Halloween pic I won't describe. @TwitterForNews
- — kiss wizard (@piss_wizard)Wed, Oct 30 2013 15:59:10We at twitter are proud to announce that every news article linked in a tweet will automatically expand to display the comment section
- — Nina L. Diamond (@ninatypewriter)Wed, Oct 30 2013 15:39:46The other problem is when we opened photos, we could CLOSE them. Now, they're automatically open and we CAN'T close them. @TwitterForNews
- — Robert Andrews (@RobertAndrews)Tue, Oct 29 2013 15:58:09Twitter photo-bombing timelines in attempt to prove marketing credentials ahead of IPO. Invasive, jarring, off-putting...
- — rohit sharma (@rohit_x_)Tue, Oct 29 2013 15:53:47guessing twitter's autoexpando will do wonders for their revenue going in to the IPO. but what an awful experience. my scan rate 1/10th now.
- — Brian Morrissey (@bmorrissey)Tue, Oct 29 2013 14:02:25twitter now has its own version of banner ads that it will deny are banner ads. http://digiday.com/platforms/twitters-answer-banner-ads/ …
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.