Tell us what you really think: "#F---YouWashington" goes viral on Twitter
An f-bomb hashtag aimed at Washington, D.C. politicos went viral on Twitter thanks to one man's social media crusade. [Warning: This report contains profanity.]
He urged others to express their own outrage.
After finding his catchphrase, Jarvis centralized his message and promoted it.
Jarvis' foul language led one of his followers to take him to task.
But Jarvis did not retreat.
- — jeffjarvis (@jeffjarvis)Sat, Jul 23 2011 17:06:15
Another user suggested turning Jarvis' impassioned malediction into a hashtag.
- — andrewbrust (@andrewbrust)Sat, Jul 23 2011 17:37:43I would open my window and scream it, but that would let the air conditioning out. So I'll stick with hashtags. #fuckyouwashington
- — Crowdsourcing (@Crowdsourcing)Sat, Jul 23 2011 18:01:21Why this is smart. Web=nuance. Terrible in politics. Twitter=loud and simple. Like a bumper sticker. #FuckYouWashington
- — danielbachhuber (@danielbachhuber)Sat, Jul 23 2011 18:01:32
- — jayrosen_nyu (@jayrosen_nyu)Sat, Jul 23 2011 19:01:22The first stage is denial, then bargaining, then more denial, then more bargaining, then just denial: no more bargaining! #fuckyouwashington
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.