Said to Lady Journos
Here's what some people are saying about the new Tumblr, which documents what people say to female journalists:
- Men and women have been reacting to the site and sharing their frustrations on Twitter.
- — kathryn walsh (@kathryn821)Wed, Feb 27 2013 06:22:00
- — Cori Faklaris (@heycori)Tue, Feb 26 2013 12:25:53
- — Tara Culp-Ressler (@Tara_CR)Tue, Feb 26 2013 12:46:35Made it through 2 pages of "Said to Lady Journos" before I couldn't take it anymore. Let's smash patrarchy, everyone http://goo.gl/y7nCI
- — Theras Wood (@theraswood)Tue, Feb 26 2013 17:50:08
- — Crissy Holtzer (@CrissyMarieH)Wed, Feb 20 2013 19:51:22Its comments like the ones on this site that make me really really angry with people. I dont want to put up with this http://saidtoladyjournos.tumblr.com/page/2 os.tumblr.com/page/2
- — Lucy Clements (@carryoncamping)Tue, Feb 26 2013 10:54:22Loving the ridiculous things said to women journalists at the brilliant @ToLadyJournos I like to imagine it's women saying it to men. HA
- — Chris Hanretty (@chrishanretty)Tue, Feb 26 2013 13:10:55
- Many female journalists said they can relate to the comments on the site.
- — Jessica Haworth (@JessicaLHaworth)Wed, Feb 27 2013 06:23:55This does happen, I've experienced it too many times to count- women in journalism http://saidtoladyjournos.tumblr.com/ os.tumblr.com/
- — Sunny Singh (@sunnysingh_nw3)Wed, Feb 27 2013 01:37:25
- — Rowena Grant-Frost (@rowenaboggle)Tue, Feb 26 2013 19:04:53
- — Anna Fifield (@annafifield)Tue, Feb 26 2013 13:24:06
- — Linda Williamson (@eljaydubya)Tue, Feb 26 2013 10:00:55Been there, heard that - it's been a while but "Said to Lady Journos" shows it's still going on: http://saidtoladyjournos.tumblr.com/page/3 os.tumblr.com/page/3
- It wouldn't be surprising if another site popped up for other professions.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!
- Amy D. WohlMy most annoying comment (made several times in different places) "Does your husband let you do this?"2013-02-27T20:58:34.087Z