USS Freedom (LCS 1) Deploys to Southeast Asia
The United States' first Littoral Combat Ship, USS Freedom (LCS 1), will depart San Diego shortly for its maiden deployment. Follow along as the ship crosses the Pacific to Southeast Asia.
- An historic day for USS FREEDOM!
* Completed the longest continuous transit in ship's history.
* Traveled the farthest west across the Pacific for any Littoral Combat Ship thus far in service.
* Arrived in Guam for our first 7th Fleet port visit and engagement.
These are all tremendous accomplishments for FREEDOM's crews and the team that has been preparing for this deployment during the course of the past year. We expect only more exciting adventures and historic milestones in the months ahead!
- The MH-60R is the U.S. Navy's new and most advanced multi-mission helicopter, designed for anti-submarine and surface warfare. USS Freedom's flight deck is more than 1.5 times the size of current surface combatants.
- USS Freedom's innovative stern ramp provides innovative launch and recovery of hard-bottomed vehicles while the ship is underway.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!