A discussion about the use of twitter during live performances.
- — Nat'l Endow f/t Arts (@NEAarts)Tue, Jan 29 2013 07:58:23
- — Engaging Educator (@TheEngagingEd)Tue, Jan 29 2013 08:01:27
- — Encore Arts Programs (@encorearts)Tue, Jan 29 2013 08:01:47@NEAarts Children's theatres often have "Crying Rooms" at performances. There should now be "Tweeting Rooms" as well.
- — Howard Sherman (@HESherman)Tue, Jan 29 2013 08:07:08@NEAarts Good to experiment, but only if done in designated area that doesn't distract or annoy other patrons. We can't be Luddites.
- — Chris Audain (@wateryothoughts)Tue, Jan 29 2013 08:10:04@NEAarts There's something special about 'going to another place' during performances. Yes, it's 2013, but that includes turning off devices
- — Julie-Ann Blackmore (@howtobeyou1)Tue, Jan 29 2013 08:14:12@NEAarts don't. Have respect for the work that has gone into what you are watching. Besides staying in the moment means you don't miss out
- — The Checkout WBGO (@checkoutjazz)Tue, Jan 29 2013 08:16:55
- — Ani Schmidt (@MuseumUnhinged)Tue, Jan 29 2013 08:23:04@NEAarts Love providing content, but it distances one from the moment. How can the shared creative experience not fizzle in translation?
- — Ward Hegedus (@ward_hegedus)Tue, Jan 29 2013 08:24:16@NEAarts and why not try something new? It's not like arts audiences are growing by leaps and bounds without innovation.
- — Sandra Beasley (@SandraBeasley)Tue, Jan 29 2013 08:24:49
- — Joshua Henry (@joshjenks)Tue, Jan 29 2013 08:27:19@NEAarts Could be fun to experiment with given the type of performance & cooperation from the venue but if it's not encouraged, don't do it.
- — Michael Barker (@mglenbarker)Tue, Jan 29 2013 08:28:41
- — Christian Campos (@xncampos)Tue, Jan 29 2013 08:40:45.@NEAarts and while we are at it, I don't have problems w ppl clapping b/w mvts or talking quietly. I'd prefer not, but it's their $. #2013
- — Jennifer Deering (@J_SDeering)Tue, Jan 29 2013 08:57:39Live tweeting is a great way to take notes during a seminar or demonstration, not so much for a performance. #2tweetornot2tweet
- — PRODUCERS, INC. (@Picastar)Tue, Jan 29 2013 09:11:41
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.