MLL Championship Weekend: Semifinals Recap
A quick rundown of today's Major League Lacrosse action in Annapolis, Maryland, according to YOUR comments on Twitter!
Crazy weekend for the MLL, but I sure am glad they played through the weather!
No doubt they lost some ticket revenue, but watching LIVE on ESPN2 was quite the treat for people all across the country. Hopefully today's games helped generate some new lacrosse fans!
Boston 14, Chesapeake 13
Hamilton 11, Denver 9
Interesting tidbit: Most people who took our LAS Poll yesterday said they wanted the Denver Outlaws to win.
- — LaxAllStars (@LaxAllStars)Fri, Aug 26 2011 18:37:44MLL Championships - Fan Picks amd YOUR picks! http://laxallstars.com/mll-championships-fan-picks-your-pick/ … via @laxallstars
The teams got wet out there today, no question about it.
- Inside Lacrosse has some up-close photos of how players dealt with the rain:
- Scott Rodgers even got a new tattoo for the occasion!
- — JoeSweeney11 (@JoeSweeney11)Sat, Aug 27 2011 12:16:06Some fresh ink on Hamilton goalie Scott Rodgers. He says now he needs to wear 42 on every team he plays for. t.co/FzHRIiP
Here are some fan reactions from throughout the day:
- — TheArtofLax (@TheArtofLax)Sat, Aug 27 2011 12:16:37
- — KriegShawLAS (@KriegShawLAS)Sat, Aug 27 2011 12:12:02I respect the heck out of the @MLL_Lacrosse playing through these conditions. There are a lot of other sports that would hang it up.
InLaxWeTrust.com has a solid recap of the both games:
Some interesting player activity occurred during the last few seconds of the Hamilton/Denver game. Most notably, an unnecessary gesture that poorly represented our sport.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.