Breaking @breakobama - the Unmasking of a Twitter Thug
This is what happens when you believe that you can anonymously hide out on twitter, shout out racist names and threaten to kill people:
- This all began when a user under the handle @breakobama moved on from tossing about the vilest of racial epithets to issuing direct threats to people I know and care about. The irony is that @goldietaylor just spent her Friday raising money for a family that desperately needed help. Meanwhile this man spent his time making direct threats of violence against Goldie and others. Using interstate commerce to communicate a threat to injure another person is a federal crime:
- Previously, the profile included the name, Jason Archer.
- Favstar.fm is a tweet discovery tool, I used it and confirmed the connection between @breakobama and Jason Archer:
- DBU stands for Dallas Baptist University, where he says he is on the verge of receiving his MBA.
- While not nearly as clever as Carlos Danger, the obvious similarity between Jason Archer and Justin Acker is much helpful to establish identity and cannot be ignored.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 17 already did!
- Laurie MannGreat job, Wieland. I have a block and move on attitude online (I've been online since 1988 - sexist/racist/homophobic speech has always been there) but it is...Great job, Wieland. I have a block and move on attitude online (I've been online since 1988 - sexist/racist/homophobic speech has always been there) but it is neat to see that finding a real name behind a fake Twitter account isn't that hard.more2013-08-10T12:25:06.640Z
- LJVERY interesting.2013-08-06T07:25:02.788Z
- PoliticolnewsJust one troll, there are many, many on Twitter created by the same operators, same trolls used. @Twitter2013-08-05T21:34:25.639Z