Kids say the darndest things ... from MY Twitter account. #boyer101
For the York Daily Record/Sunday News high school journalism workshop, digital journalist Lauren Boyer allowed one audience member to tweet AS her.
- First, she I to warn the Twittersphere what was about to happen.
- From there, all hell broke loose. As you can tell, they took her idea of "mobile" offices VERY seriously.
- Then, I had some technical difficulties. Happens to the best of us.
- I showed the kids this blog post about Notability. Again, they took me super seriously. As seriously as a broken stylus.
- And they had something sarcastic to say about this farm I visited, a mobile journalist's attempt to lure American Pickers to York County.
- Then, I spoke highly of this live chat about romance, while enlightening the children about my experiences with Cover It Live.
- I was shocked. Most of the kids had their phones. At school. Back in the day (and by that I mean 2006) I had to resort to extreme measures to use my Nokia tracphone.
- I'm pretty sure everyone in the newsroom watching my Tweets were happy when the following tweet was twittered:
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.