December's Useful Parent Engagement Resources – Part Three
I'm way behind in posting resources on my parent engagement blog. Instead of publishing individual posts, I'll just be sharing a bi-weekly or monthly list of useful links.
- I'll eventually be adding many to the appropriate parent engagement "Best" list. You can find them all here
- — The Hechinger Report (@hechingerreport)Sat, Dec 24 2016 14:36:56When it comes to wiping out the achievement gap for Hispanic students, rigor is only part of the battle - http://buff.ly/2gxdUWB
- — Tara GarciaMathewson (@TaraGarciaM)Thu, Dec 22 2016 15:52:13Digital tools help districts overcome language barriers to family engagement #ELLs #edtech @IrvingISD @EducationDive http://www.educationdive.com/news/digital-tools-help-districts-overcome-language-barriers-to-family-engagemen/432890/ …
- — The Hechinger Report (@hechingerreport)Wed, Dec 21 2016 13:15:04Schools are under federal pressure to translate for immigrant parents - http://buff.ly/2gxgLPc
- — Jennifer Boykins (@jtaylorboykins)Thu, Dec 22 2016 19:54:01The always-insightful @pamallyn shares three tips for parents on how to make reading fun. http://www.scholastic.com/parents/blogs/scholastic-parents-raise-reader/make-reading-fun-these-3-easy-tips …
- — Heather Wolpert-G. (@tweenteacher)Tue, Dec 20 2016 17:59:47My review of Screenwise. A must for parents & educators alike! http://www.middleweb.com/32938/help-kids-thrive-in-a-screen-filled-world/ … @middleweb @DevorahHeitner #parenting