New UC logo prompts criticism, petition
- — FrumpyMom (@FrumpyMom)Mon, Dec 10 2012 10:27:49Hmm, wonder how much the University of California spent on "image consultants" to come up with this ugly new logo... http://fb.me/yuwVQscR R
- — Amy Doonan Cronin (@AmyDCronin)Mon, Dec 10 2012 09:44:36@MollyIsrael I've always differentiated between a seal and a logo. This logo says nothing about the UC system. Hope they didn't pay much!
- — Mike Ernst (@mikeyernst)Mon, Dec 10 2012 09:42:01I know a lot of people don't like the new UC logo, but I think the implementation is done really well here: http://vimeo.com/53530934 30934
- — burritojustice (@burritojustice)Mon, Dec 10 2012 09:42:37“The UC Regents decided an egg yolk being flushed down a toilet was the best possible logo for the modern era.” http://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2012/12/10/3749568/uc-logo-change-mark-yudof-regents …agoldenblogs.com/2012/12/10/3749568/uc-logo-change-mark-yudof-regents
- — Tennille (@10Niel)Mon, Dec 10 2012 09:12:45If you went to a UC and you don't want them to adopt the stupidest new logo ever, you should sign this petition. http://www.change.org/petitions/university-of-california-stop-the-new-uc-logo …g/petitions/university-of-california-stop-the-new-uc-logo
- — Thuan Nguyen (@houseofthuan)Mon, Dec 10 2012 11:06:44If simple, unique and memorable are the hallmarks of an iconic mark, UC's modern new logo has achieved that. Still not likable despite this.
- — Robert Cruickshank (@cruickshank)Sat, Dec 08 2012 12:42:20This new UC logo is not just ugly, it's representative of the system's movement away from learning and toward profit http://www.californiagoldenblogs.com/2012/12/8/3742854/uc-logo-kill-it-with-fire …agoldenblogs.com/2012/12/8/3742854/uc-logo-kill-it-with-fire
- — David Palumbo-Liu (@palumboliu)Sat, Dec 08 2012 01:42:43New UC logo is an abomination. Back to the drawing board. On the other hand, what's wrong with old one? Your tax $ at work.
- — George Burgess (@burgesg)Fri, Dec 07 2012 22:10:49
- — Teresa Tenfelder (@TeresaRose10)Fri, Dec 07 2012 18:54:48upset that UC decided to ditch our 144-year-old Victorian seal to adopt a logo that looks like a toilet :[ http://www.mercurynews.com/education/ci_22141280/university-california-introduces-modern-logo …ws.com/education/ci_22141280/university-california-introduces-modern-logo
- — Fred Sanders (@FredFredSanders)Fri, Dec 07 2012 17:42:02Unfortunately, the new systemwide UC logo is Boldly Californian, squandering what history we have. http://goo.gl/e5bTd
- — Kevin T. Phan (@KevinPhanMan)Fri, Dec 07 2012 14:49:45The UC's are changing their logo...Umm, no thanks. http://www.mercurynews.com/education/ci_22141280/university-california-introduces-modern-logo …ws.com/education/ci_22141280/university-california-introduces-modern-logo
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 2 already did!
- Tom KniestLooks like something a 6th grader with a Mac would have come up with in about 10 minutes.2012-12-11T16:38:05.476Z