Bay Gateway launch
On the afternoon of Thursday 2 March 2017, Lord Shuttleworth will officially open the Bay Gateway at an event at Lancashire and Morecambe College. As part of the event, Lord Shuttleworth will unveil a commemorative plaque at the beginning of the road, near Junction 34 of the M6, following which he will join guests for light refreshments at the College.
- The Heysham to M6 Link road, The Bay Gateway completes the long awaited connection from the Heysham and Morecambe peninsula to Junction 34 of the M6. The two lane dual carriageway has a footpath and cycleway along the entire route. The first phase was completed in July 1994.
- Here is an animated fly through which shows the entire route from the junction of the A683/A589 to beyond Shefferlands roundabout.
- We invited Lancashire residents to make history and vote for their favourite name for the Heysham M6 Link road from four shortlisted names.
The Bay Gateway opens to traffic
- The Bay Gateway was the winning name and it was opened to traffic on Monday 31 October 2016, linking the Heysham peninsula to the M6 at junction 34.
The official launch at Lancaster & Morecambe College
The Venue getting ready
- 16th Morecembe and Heysham Scouts preparing for the Guard of Honour
- Lord and Lady Shuttleworth meets the 16th Morecambe & Heysham Scouts, as they form a Guard of Honour.