Yasiel Puig's push to be an All-Star falls short
Freddie Freeman topped Yasiel Puig in the Final Vote contest, but not before two all-out campaigns on twitter.
- Baseball's announcement after a day of furious online voting and campaigning:
- Celebrities Samuel L. Jackson, George Lopez and Magic Johnson helped get out the vote for Puig:
- — Samuel L. Jackson (@SamuelLJackson)Wed, Jul 10 2013 16:50:34
- — George Lopez (@georgelopez)Thu, Jul 11 2013 10:16:40
- — Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson)Thu, Jul 11 2013 10:36:16
- The Dodgers twitter account was spent at deadline after an all-out push for six hours when votes by twitter officially counted. After deadline tweet: "Nap Time."
- The Braves pushed #votefreddie all day:
- — Atlanta Braves (@Braves)Thu, Jul 11 2013 11:55:04
- Freddie Freeman helped his own cause with some shameless promotion:
- #voteFreddie had the Governor of Georgia and a Senator tweeting for him:
- — Governor Nathan Deal (@GovernorDeal)Thu, Jul 11 2013 12:34:23Help get @Braves player Freddie Freeman to the All-Star game. #VoteFreddie before 4 p.m. TODAY! http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/all_star/y2013/fv/ballot.jsp …/all…
- — Johnny Isakson (@SenatorIsakson)Thu, Jul 11 2013 11:37:22
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.