Archbishop, critics react on social media to priest abuse file release
Reaction on social media was swift as word spread that the L.A. Archdiocese released Thursday night 12,000 documents on priest abuse and removed Cardinal Richard Mahony from public service for his role in the coverup.
- — L.A. Daily News (@ladailynews)Thu, Jan 31 2013 20:07:59The L.A. Archdiocese released 12,000 docs on priests accused of sex abuse and announced that Cardinal Mahony has been relieved public duties
- Archbishop Jose Gomez made the announcement and tweeted his call for prayer
- — L.A. Daily News (@ladailynews)Thu, Jan 31 2013 20:14:36RT @ArchbishopGomez: Friends, today is a time for prayer and reflection and deep compassion for the victims of child sexual abuse. I... http://fb.me/u8kO5Esv
- Reaction was swift and passionate
- — Elizabeth Scalia (@TheAnchoress)Thu, Jan 31 2013 18:52:15
- — Steven Gaydos (@HighSierraMan)Thu, Jan 31 2013 20:27:00Try 2 imagine serving as CHURCH LEADER & working 2 PROTECT pedophiles n the Church. Roger Mahoney = evil. Punishment? http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/01/cardinal-mahony-stripped-of-public-church-duties-amid-priest-abuse-.html …latimes.com/lanow/2013/01/cardinal-mahony-stripped-of-public-church-duties-amid-priest-abuse-.html
- — Connor T. McDonald (@connortmcdonald)Thu, Jan 31 2013 20:09:14
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!
- donaKind of late in the game but better late then never.2013-02-01T20:50:54.233Z