#solo12wis - Tweets From SpotOn London 2012: Women in science – Improving visibility of female scientists online and...
- — Simon Bishop (@bioSimonUoB)Sun, Nov 11 2012 07:05:41concern with blogging is that platform might thin out if many. Better to have a few good central blogs many can contribute to? #solo12wis
- — Biochemical Society (@BiochemSoc)Sun, Nov 11 2012 07:04:30Following on from #solo12WIS - if there are any women wanting to blog but would like some help starting get in touch, we could help.
- — Tristram Wyatt (@TristramWyatt)Sun, Nov 11 2012 07:04:08#solo12 #solo12wis guide to twitter for nervous academic - Dorothy Bishop http://deevybee.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/gentle-introduction-to-twitter-for.html …spot.co.uk/2011/06/gentle-introduction-to-twitter-for.html
- — Sarah (@sarahsarahsci)Sun, Nov 11 2012 07:02:03what 'women drop out of science' means? Applies just to academia? I did a post-doc, now in sci pub and blog-have I dropped out? #solo12wis
- — Florence Bullough (@flo_dem)Sun, Nov 11 2012 07:01:58Hard to keep 'Women in Science' from sprawling into other gender issues. How best to address specifics when such a huge topic? #solo12WIS
- — Suze (@FunSizeSuze)Sun, Nov 11 2012 07:01:49
- — Alienor Chauvenet (@AChauvenet)Sun, Nov 11 2012 07:00:46
- — Sophia Collins (@sophiacol)Sun, Nov 11 2012 06:59:57'Why are we talking about what women get out of twitter? Would we say "What men get out of twitter"? Women aren't all the same!' #solo12WIS
- — Jean Liu (@portablebrain)Sun, Nov 11 2012 06:59:34Great audience point: wrong to consider women as 1 entity - all have different needs, motivations for online activity. #solo12WIS
- — Anna Sharman (@sharmanedit)Sun, Nov 11 2012 06:58:55#solo12WIS great comment: it is about what helps_people_ online, not just women. Please provide examples of what has helped you.
- — Liv Nathan (@livtastical)Sun, Nov 11 2012 06:57:33key point from the floor at #solo12WIS: women are NOT A UNIFORM GROUP. let's get some data about what our needs are up in here!
- — Martin Robbins (@mjrobbins)Sun, Nov 11 2012 06:57:31#solo12wis Ed right. Self-promotion is necessary for all bloggers/writers who want to reach any kind of audience, and men do it far more.
- — Florence Bullough (@flo_dem)Sun, Nov 11 2012 06:56:14How best to reach the readership you're trying to address? Can be difficult to target the right people through twitter/blogs etc #solo12WIS
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.