- On Wednesday 6 February, Google AdWords announced a major change that will affect the future of all their advertisers
- — Google AdWords (@adwords)Wed, Feb 06 2013 12:01:50Meet enhanced campaigns, AdWords for a constantly connected world. Be more relevant to consumer intent and context. http://goo.gl/yFNGY
- It's so big they've even announced a series of 6 webinars to cover the changes.
- — Erin (Green) Molnar (@ErinGreenBean)Wed, Feb 06 2013 12:47:58
- Some liked the changes:
- — Martin Röttgerding (@bloomarty)Wed, Feb 06 2013 12:55:03@LukeAlley I actually love it & think it makes everything, especially bidding, much easier. Duplicated campaigns are inefficient IMHO
- Others really, really didn't:
- — Neil Sorenson (@iNeils)Wed, Feb 06 2013 14:04:26
- But what exactly are the changes - and what do they mean for advertisers?
Device Targeting is Going to Change
- It's the end of device-specific campaigns.
- — Justin Freid (@Justin_Freid)Wed, Feb 06 2013 12:15:31
- — James Svoboda (@Realicity)Wed, Feb 06 2013 12:47:19So... Desktop search volume is declining because more people are using Smartphones & Tablets... So lets combine everything? #ppcchat
- Desktop & Tablet Targeting
- Desktops and tablets will be grouped together with no way to opt out of either or modify bids by device:
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!