SocMed Stars at #ASC2012
The Australian Science Communicators' Conference was held from 27-29 February in Sydney. The social media backchannel was huge, but three contributors helped us make sense of it. A big thanks & congrats to Kylie Sturgess (@kyliesturgess), Krystal Evans (@dr_krystal) & Sarah Keenihan (@sciencesarah).
- The contributions of @kyliesturgess, @sciencesarah and @dr_krystal enabled conference attendees and others outside the conference to catch-up on content from a range of sessions. @reallyedbrown couldn't attend, but found their insight valuable and asked all three to be interviewed on his "Science On Top" podcast.
- This is a brilliant summary by @reallyedbrown on what was captured during the course of the conference (and from the perspective of someone outside the conference!).
- Kylie, Krystal and Sarah deserve recognition!
- So although not an official "ASC" endorsement, I have written an article on their contribution for the ASC Scope publication and @jameshutson will be producing certificates for Kylie, Krystal and Sarah to say thanks :)
- And for more, as a postscript, @heatherbray6 also summed up the advantages of the back channel in this lovely reflective post.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.