- I once had a cab stop on the way from my pick-up spot to my destination stop (this was back in 2010) to buy a pack of smokes after doing about 70 in the Richmond. I remember considering hopping out of the cab and running, but wasn't quite sure how to handle the situation. I survived, but was actually shaking when I got home.
- I took a cab from SFO to Oakland.... It cost eighty dollars...not conplaining about that because I was with my wife and teenage kids and it was cheaper then the Bay Porter and I did not have to make mulitple stops in Oakland/Berkeley before getting home. The problem was I tried to pay with my credit card and the driver wanted cash. he told me the credit card machie was "broken." Seems to me a lot of folks use credit/debit cards to pay for cab rides in the 21st century..between the 4 of us we were able to scape together $82.70. When I gave it to the driver he balked about the tip.
- I once felt ill suddenly and wanted to be rushed to the Fairmont where I was staying. A cab came by but the driver thought I was drunk and didn't want me getting in her cab. I assured her that I wasn't so she begrudgingly let me on but then started driving erratically up and down the hills. Perhaps this was her way to express her anger towards me but it sure she seemed like a funny way to prevent me from throwing up in her cab had I really been drunk.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 2 already did!
- David BarzagaVery true.2013-08-12T09:31:43.594Z
- Raj SardeshOnce a Desoto Cab driver kicked me out because I was kissing my same-sex date. He said he does not want any gays in his cab kissing...And I lost count of how...Once a Desoto Cab driver kicked me out because I was kissing my same-sex date. He said he does not want any gays in his cab kissing...And I lost count of how many times I got into fights over credit cards. Or, the machine is always broken!more2013-01-23T23:28:54.425Z