Occupy Oakland Encampment Cleared by Law Enforcement
Law enforcement officials cleared tents from the Occupy Oakland encampment the morning of Nov. 14. This Storify offers a chronological look at events through Tweets and photos, as well as reaction and statements from Oakland city officials.
- See photos from Occupy Oakland on Nov. 14 as well as other snapshots from Bay Area Occupy protests in this gallery.
Occupy Oakland Encampment Removed by Law Enforcement
- Curator's note: all photos below were posted on the morning of Nov. 14. Due to a technical error, some of the photos incorrectly appear as having been posted previously.
- — Shoshana Walter (@shoeshine)Sun, Nov 13 2011 22:24:12
- — Shoshana Walter (@shoeshine)Mon, Nov 14 2011 02:59:52Protesters have taken over 14th beat, anticipating the arrival of police. Drum music in the middle of crowd. http://twitpic.com/7e4lkd
- — Robert Salonga (@robertsalonga)Mon, Nov 14 2011 03:55:11
- — Gavin Aronsen (@garonsen)Mon, Nov 14 2011 03:58:05Rumors are swirling that the cops will arrive at any moment. A helicopter just entered the airspace above the plaza. #OccupyOakland
- — SueHallTraffic (@SueHallTraffic)Mon, Nov 14 2011 04:16:13AVOID Frank Ogawa Plaza. 14th and Broadway Oakland CLOSED. Possible BART and AC Transit delays due to #OccupyOakland.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.