Occupy Oakland Calls for General Strike
Protesters with Occupy Oakland called for a general strike on Nov. 2. KQED News will provide updates here and at kqed.org/newsfix.
- For more live updates, click on the link below:
Overnight, Nov. 2-3: Police and Protesters Clash
- — Josh Richman (@Josh_Richman)Wed, Nov 02 2011 23:53:16Police skirmish line has formed along 17th at San Pablo and Telegraph; crowd has rushed to barricade chanting "We are the 99%"
- — Dan Brekke (@danbrekke)Wed, Nov 02 2011 23:52:58
- — Oakland North (@northoaklandnow)Wed, Nov 02 2011 23:15:21
- — Oakland North (@northoaklandnow)Wed, Nov 02 2011 23:03:012 helicopters circling over blk of 16th and San Pablo, sign in window of travelers aid bldg: occupy everything. Ppl inside & on roof. #OO
- — East Bay Express (@EastBayExpress)Wed, Nov 02 2011 22:28:27
- — East Bay Express (@EastBayExpress)Wed, Nov 02 2011 22:30:09
- — East Bay Express (@EastBayExpress)Wed, Nov 02 2011 22:31:27
- City officials provided a briefing for the press at about 9:30pm covering protests at the Port of Oakland...
- — Shoshana Walter (@shoeshine)Wed, Nov 02 2011 21:39:37police chief: we continue to facilitate peaceful assembly. about 150 people left from 4,500. most have left. #occupyoakland
- ...and in downtown Oakland.
- — Shoshana Walter (@shoeshine)Wed, Nov 02 2011 21:40:09continued concerns about a group we have identifed as anarchists roaming through crowds. #occupyoakland will show media pictures.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.