Car Talk to Stop Producing New Shows: Fans React With Sadness and Humor
Tom and Ray Magliozzi announced June 8 that they will stop making new episodes of their comic auto advice "Car Talk" show at the end of September.
- Photo: Ray, left, and Tom Magliozzi.
- The announcement led to 'Car Talk' trending on Twitter. Many reacted to the news with sadness.
- Listeners also went to the Car Talk Facebook page to reflect on how the program had impacted their families and their lives.
- Car Talk has been a part of my entire semi-cogent life. I remember sitting with my grandmother eating brunch and listening to it.. the sandwiches made on the old-school hot iron sandwich maker you put on top of the stove; the wood table, the old radio and record player, moving her Bing Crosby records over to turn on the radio.. and the art on the wall: "'tis not the gales but the set of the sails that will determine which way you go." Thanks guys for being the inspiration of my bad and corny humor all of these years.
- Of course, it was inevitable that there would be some jokes on Twitter.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!